Cidery Staff: Farmers Market and Patio/Tasting Room
Banjo Cider is seeking responsible, hardworking, friendly people for our 2023 season. Must be available most Saturdays and Sundays from May to the fall to work patio shifts and farmers markets. We are a friendly and inclusive team, offering a positive and supportive work environment with above minimum wage compensation.
Your main duties will be:
- Independently working farmer's markets on the weekends. Compensation for these shifts is $20/hr.
- Serving on the patio & tasting room. Compensation for these shifts is $16/hr plus tips.
The ideal candidate:
· Is friendly, self-motivated, and enjoys chatting with customers.
· Is an independent worker with an ability to problem solve and think on their feet.
· Is available Saturdays and Sundays from May to Oct. Students that can only work until September are also encouraged to apply.
· Is able to drive to and park in urban and semi-urban locations and has a valid driver’s licence in good standing.
· Can lift market gear and cider cases.
· Has the Smart Serve certificate.
· Is prompt, reliable and likes to keep busy. Can work in a fast-paced environment.
· Prior experience in the retail or beverage industry is an asset but not required.
What you will do
· Markets: Load cider and market equipment at the cidery; drive to and from the market; unload and set up the market stand (outdoors); sell cider using remote POS and cash; get to know and support the market community; unload at the end of the day and record sales.
· Patio/Tasting room: Serve cider in our tasting room and patio, use our computer’s Point of Sale system; ensure customers have a great experience, keep busy during shifts maintaining the space and replenishing supplies, etc.
· Market and Patio/Tasting Room: Describe our ciders, our cider making process, and answer questions about the cider (we will provide training); sell bottles of cider; build good relations with customers.
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: April 5, 2023
Expected start date: Early May 2023